Alice Rayol Ramos Sandes
Born in Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
- • Federal School of Chemistry, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Biotechnology Technician, 1999);
- • Federal University of Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy 2003);
- • Biophysics Institute of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences, 2006);
- • Federal University of Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Doctor’s Degree in Public Policy, Strategy and Development, with an emphasis on Innovation, Intellectual Property, and Development, 2021).
• Recommended in the field of Intellectual Property by Legal 500 – Latin America, 2021 and 2022 editions (“Alice Rayol handles patent applications on behalf of life sciences clients, and manages patent portfolios of major companies in Brazil and abroad”);
• Highlighted in patent prosecution by IAM 1000, 2020 (“She has a holistic market vision that is extremely rare to find in Brazil. Her technical and legal analysis of complicated matters is always delivered in a transparent and collaborative way, making for effective strategies”) and 2021 (“Prosecution ace Sandes captains a multi-disciplinary team of experts and has an affinity for advancements in the life sciences” and “When a straightforward approach isn’t the best way to go, she is quick to find new ways to bring clients closer to their objectives”) editions.
• Rayol, Alice. Current Avenues to Speed-up Patent Examination in Brazil, Recht & Steuern, Brazil-Germany Chamber of Commerce and Industry of São Paulo, Vol. 2, 2021.
Portuguese and English.
Areas of Practice:
With over 20 years of experience, and a solid past career coordinating patent teams of large IP firms, Alice is the Head of the Patent prosecution department at Bhering Advogados. She is responsible for the management of patent portfolios of major companies in Brazil and abroad, including contentious work before the Brazilian PTO. With a focus on Life Sciences, including Plant Varieties, Alice is a skilled analyst of patent claims and particulars in a variety of industry technologies. Additionally, she prepares skilled FTOs and gives essential technical advice in patent infringement and nullity lawsuits.