Clarisse de La Cerda
Born in Niterói, RJ; admitted to the Brazilian Bar (Rio de Janeiro Chapter) in 2004.
- • Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Bachelor’s Degree in Law, 2004);
- • Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Master’s Degree in Corporate, Labor and Intellectual Property Law, 2014);
- • Stanford Law School, Stanford University, CA, USA (LL.M. in Law, Science & Technology, 2017).
- • Elected Co-chair of the KnowledgeNet Rio de Janeiro Chapter IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) for the 2021-2022 biennium.
- • Named as a leading lawyer in Copyright Law, Technology and Data Protection by Leaders League, 2018 edition.
- • OAB – Brazilian Bar Association (Rio de Janeiro);
- • IAPP – International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Portuguese, English, French and Italian.
Areas of Practice:
Clarisse has been practicing in the field of Intellectual Property for over 10 years and has a master’s degree in Intellectual Property and Corporate Law from the Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), in addition to an LL.M. in Law, Science and Technology from Stanford Law School, Stanford University, CA, U.S.A. She specializes in Intellectual Property Law transactions, with extensive experience in national and international contracts involving technology transfer, licensing, Intellectual Property rights, distribution, franchises, among other inter-company contracts. She also advises on the protection of trademarks, software, including development and licensing contracts, as well as data protection.